Monday, April 11, 2011

Just more random stories!

This week is incredibly busy, as there are last minute tax payers, board meetings and trainings going on. I'm sure i'll have many more stories to tell within the next week.  People are crazy and impatient...  Mind you, there are just stories pieced together.. so please note, I'm not really using any proper grammar skills!

A Lady parks her car right at the entrance (not close enough to pull a ticket).  She walks up to our booth and asks how this whole thing works.  After we finish trying to explain that she needs to pull her car forward, pull a ticket and the prices.. she proceeds to walk toward the ticket booth and pull a ticket.  She states it's not working.. so we explain AGAIN that she needs to pull her car up in order for the sensors to read and allow her to pull a ticket...
(on a side note) if you could just "pull a ticket" people could get out for free.. all the time. There is a way to do this, but it's not something you can do without notice... ;)

A guy pulls up to my booth..and in a great Boston accent says "There's only parking on da roof, and I ain't parking on no roof!"    This made me chuckle..as you don't normally hear that accent in these parts!

Here is a popular line.. "If i come back, do I have to pay again"?"

Dude, badly tweaking (twitching..and doing a chewing motion with his mouth)  with teeth missing and very unkempt says "I heard if..uh.. yea.. I pay my taxes. .heh  uh I don't have to pay for parking?"  I told him this wasn't true.. He did get out for free as he was only there 30 minutes.  I figure he won't remember that anyway and will go through the same process next year..

Lady pulls in to the entrance.. realizes she is to far away and backs up to pull in closer.  She ends up using her wallet to press the button trying to avoid hanging out or opening her door.  The ticket comes out and she ends up having to almost get out of her car just to pull the ticket.
Again..on a side note, this happens a lot.. Unfortunately, when the button is pushed, but the ticket isn't pulled right away.. it makes this awful buzzing noise.  I am pretty sure the longest someone has sat there staring was about 45 second.... that was pretty bad..

A lady gives me a ticket and pulls forward (as some do assuming they are under the free 30 minutes).  I tell her that there is a $2 fee.  She argues in her broken English and tells me "She told me 1 hr is free"  I told her I personally don't know who "She" is and that I can't let her go until she pays.  She asked for her ticket back..then realized there were about 10 cars behind her..and then handed me two dollars.  I had to explain to her that I needed the ticket back still.   Glad it didn't go up to $4.. that would have really confused her...

Another line we get quite often. "Hi, I'm a county employee--- were am I supposed to park. .and Do I have to pay?!?"

Older gentleman asks if this is the building to get marriage licenses.  (He looked giddy btw) We tell him yes. It's always awesome to see this... THEN he asked jokingly "So..where do I go to get divorce papers!"  lol  Glad people have a sense of humor...

Another man asks about where to get marriage license.  Then he states "I hope i'm not making a mistake ~ I figure after 20 years, it's time to tie the knot!"

There is a part of our parking structure that is a dead end and holds about 16 cars.  I don't understand why if you see someone backing out of that part, that you would go down and do the same thing.  I guess we really do live in a monkey see monkey do society... :)

A Lady comes up in the morning and says she went to a closed booth without realizing it (during peak hours). She got stuck and wasn't able to back up, so an employee helped her and swiped her card to let the lady out.   She felt so guilty and asked if she could pay for the previous day.  In the end, my boss said just to let it slide.  Nice to know there are still honest people out there!

The sign says (picture and all) to pull a ticket, but at least 5 times a day we get people just sitting there staring blankly and ask, " Uh... I just want to park, what do I do?"

I leave you with this..... It's interesting with all the different personalities that come through... You can tell those who are genuine.. or those who are jerky and plain ignorant.  Those people it's easier to be a hard ass too... It's kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment